This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Trio is generally used in any of the following ways:
- A group of three musicians playing the same or different musical instrument.
- The performance of a piece of music by three people.
- The contrasting section of a piece in ternary form
- The contrasting section of a march and similar forms, which usually opens at the third strain.
- Piano trio (piano, violin, cello)
- String trio (violin, viola, cello)
- Jazz trio (piano, bass, drum kit)
- Clarinet-violin-piano trio (clarinet, violin, piano)
- Power trio (electric guitar, bass guitar, drum kit)
- Harmonica trio (chromatic harmonica, bass harmonica, chord harmonica)
- Horn trio (violin, horn, and piano)
|This article related to classical music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|