|How to request an article|
First, check that the article you're looking for doesn't already exist:
Next, be sure the article is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia. Articles should be about topics that have received significant coverage in independent, reliable sources. We have a fairly precise definition of what is considered a "reliable source", as well as detailed inclusion guidelines.
If that seems OK, find the appropriate topic area below, and add your request there by clicking "edit" at the heading. Give a brief description, with links if possible, for the proposed topic, to aid others in understanding your request.
|I want to write an article myself|
If you have written an article, you can submit it for creation. Be aware that there are guidelines about what is an acceptable subject for an article, as mentioned above.
Please help by fulfilling these requests!
- Bands, performers and songwriters
- Chamber ensembles
- Classical composers
- Classical compositions
- Critics, historians, journalists and publications
- Festivals, concerts and awards
- Hip hop
- Music theory
- Producers, sound engineers, etc.
- Record labels
- Schools and music education
- Stage musicals
- Technical and business terms
Images needing articles
- WikiProject Requested articles
- Wikipedia:Most wanted articles (most linked to)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Missing encyclopedic articles
- Many WikiProjects and notice boards have requests for new articles pertaining to a specific topic.
- Wikipedia:Drawing board - a noticeboard for discussing new article ideas. (Inactive)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Red Link Recovery
- Wikipedia:Article Feedback Tool
- Wikipedia:Articles for creation - allows unregistered and new users to create new articles with the assistance of experienced Wikipedians.
- Wikipedia:Requests for expansion/Archive, Category:Articles to be expanded and Category:Stubs lists very short preliminary articles that have not yet been developed.
- Category:Redirects with possibilities lists many redirects with good potential to become future articles.
- Portal:Current events - displays newsworthy topics— even brief entries for those are very helpful. They have the advantage of already having a reference webpage, and would have been verified in most cases by the news media. (see also Wikinews)
- Wikipedia:Requested lists
- Wikipedia:Requested pictures and Commons:Picture requests
- Wikipedia:Requested recordings
- Wikipedia:Requested templates
- Wikipedia:Translation#How to request a translation
- User:Emijrp/All human knowledge